7.14.2012

Trip to St. George and Zion's National Park, 2011

My good friend McKenzie, her husband Ladd, Dennis and I took a trip down to St. George in March, 2011. It was Dennis and Ladd's spring break (they both were attending UVU). While there we stayed in McKenzie's parents house (really nice!) and McKenzie and I got a 16 mile run in. It was fun to run somewhere totally different, and the scenery was awesome - lots of red rocks. We ran on the old St. George Ironman running course, so it was a very hilly 16 miles! While we were running Dennis and Ladd watched March Madness in the theater room. While we were down there we went to Zion's National Park and hiked Angels Landing! I had heard of it before, and thought it would be cool to do. When we got there though it was really windy! And the narrow part where you have to hold on to a cable so you don't fall to your death was WAY longer than I expected. I want to say at least a half mile! There were young kids doing the hike, if I had kids there is no way I would let them do that hike until they were older. It was cool though, and great views!

McKenzie on the switchbacks















1 comment:

  1. This place looks awesome! I need to go there. The part with the cable sounds a little sketchy, but I'm sure we can find a great hike without that. Let's Go!

    ReplyDelete